You wander over to the back of the shop where plus-size clothing is kept and look at what’s available to you only to be confronted with pieces that offer no shape, come in hideous colours, and cuts that you wonder if they picked up all the leftover pieces of smaller clothing and sewed it together to form what you are now looking at as a dress or top?
If you are struggling to piece together a plus-size wardrobe, then finding clothing in large sizes at bargain prices is an even greater challenge. Below are a few simple tips and tricks to help you snag a steal when you’re next looking for something to wear.
– Look for a sale, clearance, or outlet section on the website of your favourite retailer. Occasionally, you can save up to 80% off original prices this way. If the retailer is owned by a parent company, also check the parent company’s website for a clearance or outlet section.
– Comparison shop for similar items at different websites. If you plan to wear an item only a few times or occasionally, perhaps you can purchase a similar but cheaper item.
– Always use a search engine to look for a coupon code your retailer may have. Many websites actually track these coupon codes along with expiration dates to help shoppers save. When filling out your order form online or in a catalogue, look for an entry for “coupon code” or “promo code” and then enter a coupon code that applies. If ordering online, be sure to verify that you have received the discount for entering the coupon code.
– Go to the website of your favourite plus size retailer and sign up to receive e-mail specials. In addition, if the sign-up form offers a print catalogue, request the catalogue also. By signing up, you will receive notifications through e-mails and catalogues of any specials the retailer may be having. Note that you should sign up only with retailers that really interest you or your mailbox may become crammed with excessive e-mails.
– Buy clothing out-of-season or pre-season. Many retailers will offer steep discounts on out-of-season items.
– Buy machine-washable clothes. The cost of having to dry clean an item will make that item expensive in the long-run. If you are not sure whether an item is machine-washable, be sure to ask the retailer before you buy.
– Visit local stores that carry plus size clothing and browse through their clearance racks. Some local retailers try to quickly rid their racks of excessive inventory to make room for the latest fashion.
– Purchase items that coordinate well with what you already have in your wardrobe in terms of styling and colour.
Using the above strategies will help you save on plus size clothing. Dressing well should not have to be an expensive endeavour for the full-figured woman.
I hope that you found these tips helpful. Feel free to share this post with friends and family who may also be struggling. If you have a few more tips and tricks, feel free to share them below in the comments section.