Hello & Welcome to my first blog post!
I know I’m probably supposed to write something absolutely profound here, but I have to admit that writing your first blog post is, well, kinda scary!
‘They’, you know the guru’s of blog-land, tell you that if you don’t nail your first blog post then it could be detrimental to your blog and your time here as a blogger!
What they don’t tell you is that it is really, really hard. This is my fifth draft and each one has been completely different! I’ve never been very good at talking about myself so, perhaps I’ll provide you with some more details about what I’m hoping to achieve here at Luv Lissee.
I started Luv Lissee to discuss, chatter, share some snippets of wisdom with each of you and to well, mainly have fun with this creative outlet. The main topics that I’m interested in are; lifestyle, food, travel, self-care, relationships and money saving tips.
Now I’m not promising to solve all of your problems and I’m certainly not a guru in each topic but I have an interest/passion and am keen to learn and to share what I find out along the way.
So grab a cuppa and let’s chat!
Ps. Below are a couple of little items about me.
Where did Simply Lissee come from?
Well, Lissee is the nickname my partner gave to me when we first started dating and it’s just kinda stuck.
10 things about me…
- I’m a twin. Yes, I have a twin brother. I desperately wanted more siblings when I was younger, but after my parents were lucky enough to get two for the price of one, they didn’t want to go back for more. Go figure!
- I love to travel and have been fortunate enough to have had a few opportunities to do so, however, is it ever enough?
- I ride a motorcycle. When the weather permits.
- I am a water-baby in the truest sense. I absolutely love it. It is where I feel most energised. I adore spending time near it, on it, under it and in it.
- I am a pseudo step parent. Meaning that I’m not married to my partner who has three children to a heinous ex wife, whose favourite, or should I say, only hobby is to practice parental alienation.
- I have two dogs. Mine is a moodle (maltese, x poodle) and my partners is an Australian Staffy. Not sure you could get two dogs more different from each other and who are still figuring out how to get along.
- I took a hiatus from dating when I was 35 and that lasted me until I was 40 when I decided to throw myself back on to the meat-market, so to speak.
- One of my most surprising moments in time was, being asked how soon I wanted to breed with someone on the first date. Needless to say, there was no second date!
- I work full time. And no, not on my blog, well not yet anyhow…fingers crossed! Although I did start a blog so that I could hopefully, one day, leave the corporate rat race behind. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy my job, but I would also like to be able to work from home in my pj’s sometimes and take a 10am yoga class instead of a 5am one.
- I will admit, that whilst I didn’t read the books I have watched all three Fifty Shades movies and kinda enjoyed them! Please don’t tell anyone! Ssshhh!
Want to know more….sign up to receive the latest news.